Technological University of South East Ireland Project
Duration: 2 Years
Salary Scale: € 71,139 - €90,773
The South East Institutes of Technology are at an advanced stage of application for designation as a multi-campus Technological University of South East Ireland as provided for under the Technological Universities Act 2018. Our focus is on the creation of a leading European Technological University recognised for regional connectedness and global impact with a student centred philosophy to transform lives and achieve excellence through collaborative approaches.
The South East Institutes of Technology now wish to recruit a Communications Director to work directly with the Technological University Project Steering Group comprised of its Chair, Governing Body Chairs, Presidents, Governing Body Members and Senior Executive Members.
Reporting directly to the two Presidents, the Communications Director will set and guide the strategy for all marketing, digital communications and public affairs strategies for the Technological University of the South East Ireland project.The post holder will be responsible for planning and managing all communications messaging and activities, and building relationships with stakeholders. The Communications Director will partner with senior colleagues within the two organisations on a variety of strategic initiatives and related activities to support a communications plan that presents a consistent and accurate message to relevant stakeholders of the new University’s mission and vision and the progress towards university designation and beyond.
Successful applicants must have a relevant Honours Degree (First or Second class), or equivalent, plus a relevant higher qualification (Masters or PhD), or equivalent professional qualification. They will also have at least five year’s relevant postgraduate experience which is likely to include significant experience in developing and delivering of a communications strategy to support organisational change in a similar setting. This role requires a highly experienced and motivated individual with a strong work ethic, commitment to the highest professional standards, proven record of accomplishment, excellent communication and analytical skills and a team player who relishes and actively seeks new challenges.
The Communications Director will report directly to the Presidents of both Institutes of Technology.
External and Internal Communications and Public Relations
Communications Strategy and Vision
- To develop and implement the Technological University of the South East of Ireland (TUSEI) project communications strategy working closely with the Technological University Project Steering Group comprised of its Chair, Governing Body Chairs, Presidents, Governing Body Members and Senior Executive Members
- To build public awareness of, identification with and support for the TUSEI project
- To input into the TUSEI Project Steering Group communications plans: gather market intelligence and work with the Steering group to analyse the results of these communication programmes
- To serve as lead contact point on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organisations and actively cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage of issues of strategic importance to the TUSEI project
- To identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the TUSEI project and to work with the Project Steering Group to recognise internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- To write and disseminate timely, high-quality news releases, editorial and other communications
- To oversee and to input into the TUSEI project website, e-newsletter and other digital communications
- To project manage the delivery of all Project Steering Group communications material, including developing briefs, briefing contributors, copywriting, editing, proofing and liaising with designers, printers and other external media suppliers
- To book, design and track advertising for the TUSEI project
- To ensure adherence to TUSEI brand guidelines in all design projects
- To develop and maintain databases on all TUSEI project related programmes, initiatives, events and achievements for publicity purposes
- To attend, and assist in organising, promotional and communication events at the Carlow, Wexford or Waterford campuses or elsewhere nationally
- To participate in committees/groups as requested by the TUSEI Project Steering Group
- To undertake such other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the TUSEI Project Steering Group
Place of Work
The Communications Director will be provided with a work base in both Institutes and will be required to have a regular and visible presence in both Institutes. Travel expenses, calculated using public sector rates and rules will be applied.
Institute of Technology Carlow and Waterford Institute of Technology are equal opportunity employers, working towards building and maintaining an inclusive environment which promotes equality, values diversity and is committed to family friendly policies for all.